NALANS considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that:
- The manuscript is your own original work, and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work.
- The manuscript has been submitted only to NALANS; it is not under consideration or peer review or accepted for publication or in press or published elsewhere.
- The manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libelous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal.
- General guidelines
- All authors of a manuscript should include their full names, affiliations, postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses on the cover page of the manuscript. One author should be identified as the corresponding author.
- A typical manuscript will be between 4000-8000 words including tables, references, captions, footnotes and endnotes. Manuscripts that greatly exceed this will only be accepted if they are of exceptionally high quality. Authors are recommended to apply a word count with their manuscript.
- Manuscripts should be compiled in the following order: title page; abstract; keywords; main text; acknowledgements; references; appendices (as appropriate).
- Abstracts should be between 150-200 words.
- Each manuscript should have 3 to 6 keywords.
- Titles and section headings should be concise.
- Long quotations of 40 words or more should be indented with quotation marks.
- The language of the submitted works should be academic and non-discriminatory.
- The tables and graphics should be numbered in the order in which they appear in the manuscript (e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2).
- The authors are strongly recommended to obey the copyright rules.
- The language of the journal is English. Correct style and word usage, however, are the responsibility of the author(s). Spelling may be British or American, but it must be consistent throughout the text. Manuscripts submitted in poor English may be returned to the author(s) and there will be a delay in publication.
- Please supply all details required by any funding and grant-awarding bodies as an Acknowledgement on the title page of the manuscript, in a separate paragraph, as follows:
- For single agency grants: "This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx]."
- For multiple agency grants: "This work was supported by the [Funding Agency 1] under Grant [number xxxx]; [Funding Agency 2] under Grant [number xxxx]; and [Funding Agency 3] under Grant [number xxxx]."
- Style guidelines for Nalans:
The writing style of the manuscripts in NALANS is APA 6th. For In-text Citation and Reference List authors must obey The APA Manual (6th ed) or http://www.apastyle.org/manual/ (click on the tab marked author-date to ensure you are using the right style).
Some General Rules:
- Publication charges
Submission fee: There is no submission fee for NALANS.
- Reproduction of copyright material
Peer Review Process
We use a double-blind system for peer review: The identities of both reviewers and authors remain anonymous. Each submitted manuscript is peer reviewed by at least two experts. In some rare cases, we may start a third round of peer review according to the recommendations from editors and reviewers.
Recruitment for Reviewers
Participation in the peer-review process is absolutely essential to the success and reputation of the journal. Reviewers and editors determine which works are of quality and significance. Due to our extensive readership, the research and scholarship selected by our reviewers will ultimately have an impact on literacy in national and international classrooms.