Literary Reminiscences in M. Tournier’s Novels
(On the basis of “Friday,” “The Ogre,” “Gaspar, Melchior and Balthazar”)
French classic novelist of the contemporary literature Michel Tournier’s works are intertextual. The writer strives for a unity of thought and imagery. For him, the novel is an artistic exploration of the modern world through the Neomites. He uses a variety of postmodern aesthetics. His purpose is not aesthetic play with the text, but the search for the lost truth and the unification of the universe, the universe that collapses.
Michel Tournier’s writing style is characterized by mixture of philosophical and mythological themes. He transforms the old plots and creates new ones. What are the peculiarities of his writing style, what devices and methods does the author use when he recreates the old scenes, how does he interpret the old texts and what role does intertextuality play in his novels – these are the questions that are answered in the present article. In other words, the aim of the article is to scrutinize the writing style of Michel Tournier and mark attention towards inter relationships between old and new texts.
2. Bouloumié, Ariette. (1991): P., Gallimard,"Vendredi ou Les Limbes du Pacifique" de Michel Tournier
3. Davis, Colin. (1988): Oxford, Clarendon Press , Michel Tournier, Philosophy and Fiction
4. Degn, Inge. (1995): Odense University Press, L'Encre du savant et le sang des martyrs
5. Deleuze G. (1969): Р., Ed. De Minuit, Michel Toumier et le monde sans autrui// Logique du Sens
6. Klettke, Cornelia. (1991): Bonn, Romanistischer verlag, Der Postmoderne Mythenroman Michel Tourniers am Beispiel des "Roi des aulnes"
7. Merllié, Françoise. (1988): P., Belfond, Michel Tournier
8. Tournier, Michel. (1980): P., Folio/Gallimard, Gaspard, Melchior et Balthazar (roman)
9. Tournier, Michel. (1985): P., Folio/Gallimard, Goutte d'or (roman)
10. Toumier, Michel. (1975): P., Folio/Gallimard, Météores (roman)
11. Toumier, Michel. (1970): P., Folio/Gallimard, Roi des Aulnes (roman)
12. Tournier, Michel. (1981): P., Gallimard, Vues de dos (photo E.Boubat)
13. Асанова Н.А., Смирнов А. С. (1997): Казань, изд-во Казанского университета, Философский роман Мишеля Турнье
Copyright (c) 2019 Tamila Davitadze
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with Journal of Narrarive and Language Studies (NALANS) agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in NALANS.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in NALANS.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.